Mission Statement: Reach for a Difference will support individual, family and community actions to address
and issues of the autism spectrum
and other neurodevelopmental delays in the West Central Texas area surrounding Abilene. To this end, the corporation will engage in responsive support activities to promote greater understanding of these needs
and issues and to help develop, locate, and provide resources to meet expressed needs. We will:
1. Network with existing agencies, provide central location for information on available services.
2. Survey local autism and other neurodevelopmental delay individuals/families
and determine existing needs.
3. Identify gaps.
4. Work to create programs and services to fill those gaps.
5. Provide support group meetings, website
and other social media to keep community informed regarding services and
6. Promote active dialogue between community members to create an ACTIVE, dynamic community that brings about the